Tuesdays are Open Loops Day at Creations By Sasha.
Happy Tuesday! It’s finally October! If you aren’t aware, October is my favorite month because it’s my BIRTHDAY month!!!! This year I’ll be 26 which, if I’m being honest, scares me just a little bit because it means I’m that much closer to thirty (which I’m not ready for!). I can feel myself getting older too. This weekend I attempted a 5-mile run. I definetly didn’t run the entire time and while I did manage to finish the run, I ended up sick afterwards. Not so fun. My goal is to make it five miles without fear that I’ll be throwing up after. Since I’ve been nursing my sore legs back to health, I’ve found some interesting reads worth passing along:
- As the weather gets a little cooler I like to start bringing the outdoors in. Better Homes and Gardens has some great ideas on how to incorporate nature in your fall decorating. I’m a fan of fall decorating. I love the colors of the season more than any other.
- Over on the Simple Mom blog, Shaina Olmanson is helping us to get ready for the holidays with plenty of ideas for desserts in jars! I LOVE these for gifts. They’re relatively inexpensive and make for impressive and creative gifts. And lets be honest here…who doesn’t like a little dessert.
- Since today is October 2nd that means there are only 29 days until Halloween! I’m a Halloween fanatic. The things I do to my home for my annual party are crazy to say the least. But Halloween isn’t anything without the costume. Esty has some great DIY costume ideas for you, your kids and your pets.
- If you’re anything like me, cooler weather means cozying up on the couch with a good book. On Making the World Cuter, there’s a great list of 20 Books to Read this Fall. Pick your favorite, warm up some apple cider, and start reading!
- And because I’m trying to get myself prepared for card-making season, I stopped over on Stacy Julian’s blog for Monday’s Mail where she showcased some great cards! I will be using these in my designs soon!
For all my readers in the US, if you haven’t already, please remember to register to vote! Most states have deadlines that are coming up soon! Who you vote for up to you, but you can’t vote if you don’t register! Check back next Tuesday for more Open Loops.